2016 Arkenstone Estate Red 1.5L
- Our Estate Red is the flagship wine of Arkenstone, made in the Bordeaux style, and utilizes each of the five red varietals. The composition of our Estate Red changes with each vintage, but Cabernet Sauvignon is always dominant. For 2016 we utilized a higher than normal 79% Cabernet Sauvignon in the final blend.
- 100% from our organically farmed Howell Mountain Estate
- 79% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit Verdot, 3% Merlot and 3% Malbec
- Aged 22 months in 100% new French oak
- RP 98
- Available in a wood box for an additional charge - please contact the winery.
Deep red core, with a red brick rim, this complex beauty is refined in elegance. The Howell Mountain earth, dry tobacco, and leather in the nose, along with high-toned ripe, red fruit, move into espresso, dried cherries, red currants, cassis, black cherry, and Santa Rosa plum on the mid-palate. Dried peach, anise, and sage, with a hint of graphite and mocha continue through the palate to a long, soft finish, with integrated fine tannins, lush fruit and balanced acidity. Although approachable now, we recommend holding until 2023. Will age 20 years, comfortably.