2018 Estate Blanc 1.5L
- The Estate Sauvignon Blanc is done in the Bordeaux style, with the inclusion of Sémillon in the final blend.
- We utilize large concrete eggs for the vinification of the Sauvignon Blanc as well as new and neutral French oak. The Sémillon is vinified separately, solely in 100% new French barrels.
- After 11 months of aging sur-lie, the wine is blended together with the Sauvignon Blanc and aged in bottle for an additional 18 months prior to release.
- 94% Sauvignon Blanc, 6% Sémillon
- 100% from our organically farmed Howell Mountain Estate
- Aged 11 months in Concrete and French Oak sur-lie
- Cases Produced: 550
One of the top whites in the vintage, the 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Howell Mountain is 94% Sauvignon Blanc and 6% Semillon aged in equal parts new French oak, once- used barrels, and concrete tanks. Awesome caramelized grapefruit, lime, sappy herbs, and floral notes emerge from this Haut-Brion Blanc look-alike, which is medium to full-bodied, concentrated, and beautifully balanced. It’s going to evolve for two decades in cold cellars. - 96pts Jeb Dunnuck
The 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Estate is a blend of 94% Sauvignon Blanc and 6% Semillon, aged for 11 months in one-third new French oak, one-third once-used barrels, and one-third concrete. It springs from the glass with vibrant scents of white peaches, grapefruit and underripe pears with hints of honeysuckle, chalk dust, and yuzu. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is laden with citrus and stone fruit layers plus a crisp backbone and satiny texture, finishing long and chalky. - 94pts LPB Wine Advocate